Advice & information
Local health and social care services
Healthwatch Dorset provides information and signposting for local people, so that you can make choices about health and social care services. Our service is free and confidential, and it is independent of both the NHS and Social Services.
Coronavirus is affecting how health and social care services are being delivered, nationally and locally. We are here to help you find the information you need about local services at this unsettling time. We are in regular contact with health and social care providers in Dorset, so that we have the most up to date information to share with you about how to access the care and support you need.
- Read online the latest advice and information about coronavirus from NHS England and from NHS 111 – to check if you have coronavirus symptons.
- Look after your wellbeing while staying informed.
- Find local community help or more information in Dorset and Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole.
- Get in touch with Healthwatch Dorset for useful information about local services and support: Contact us by telephone or email.
- Follow us on social media for regular updates.
- Tell us about your experiences of getting health and care support during the coronavirus outbreak.
- We do not ourselves have powers to investigate individual formal complaints about NHS or social care services.
- We cannot make a complaint to a service on your behalf. If you need support to make a formal complaint about a NHS or social care service, see our Complaints & Advocacy section.
- We are not able to offer financial or legal advice. That should always be sought from a trained specialist such as a solicitor or financial advisor.
Talk to us
Have your say and help improve local health and social care
0300 111 0102
Find us on social media