Our information service

We provide a general information service about health and social care services in Dorset and where you might get help for your health or social care needs.
We can also give you information about what to do if things go wrong and how to raise a concern or make a complaint about a local health or social care service.
Our service is free and confidential and it's independent of both the NHS and Social Services.

0300 111 0102 (Monday - Thursday 9 to 5: Friday 10 to 4:30)


Please note that:

  • We do not ourselves have powers to investigate individual formal complaints about NHS or social care services.
  • We cannot make a complaint to a service on your behalf. If you need support to make a formal complaint about an NHS service, you should contact Dorset Advocacy's "Help with NHS Complaints" service. Click here to go to their website or call them on 01305 251033.
  • We are not able to offer financial or legal advice. That should always be sought from a trained specialist such as a solicitor or financial advisor.


Healthwatch Dorset have worked hard to reach every area of the community to make sure people know where to go to get information about health and care.

                           Jane Mordue, Chair of Healthwatch England