This Policy aims to set out how Healthwatch Dorset CIC will ensure it complies with the General Public Sector Equality Duty, the broad purpose of which is to ensure that consideration of equality and good relations is integrated into the day-to-day business of public authorities, thereby promoting greater equality and better outcomes.
Healthwatch Dorset CIC is committed to ensuring:
- equality of access to the services we provide – this includes ensuring that we promote equality through all the work we undertake
- equality of opportunity in terms of employment for our staff;
- equal treatment for all our staff, volunteers and directors;
- equality of opportunity and good relations with our service delivery partners – including in relation to the way we commission them to provide services on our behalf; and
- equality of opportunity in the way we commission any other services.
Healthwatch Dorset CIC is also committed to promoting anti-discriminatory practice – this relates to any type of discrimination.